Nalini ~~ A new pattern release...!!!


Hello yarnians (made up from Narnians hehe๐Ÿ˜‰), hope you are doing good in your patch of crochetland.  We are having downpour here in Mumbai, after a week long dry spell. Our lives in India, very much depend on the monsoon (as does everyone's..) because the rains not only offer respite from sweltering summer but also help farmers earn their bread who are dependent on the rains for income (more than 60% of the farmers lack irrigation facilities in India making them rain dependent) and it replenishes the country’s water reservoirs as well. So in a nutshell, monsoon means happiness. The weather is nice cool and windy which is perfect time to crochet.

Sometimes you can’t just have enough of some things in your life and what you create impacts you in a greater way. I feel, creativity is very subjective; you just have to keep experimenting with newer ideas, keep trying various methods. And that’s what I do or I try to do in my day-to-day life. It's not always easy to manage your work and hobby together but I try to achieve it because that is what keeps me sane.

So talking about my new pattern, this again is related to Lotus, I am always so fascinated by this humble flower which happens to be my “national flower” and it is also in the bloom at this point of time, so I decided to extend my existing coaster pattern into a decorative doily. This doily which I have decided to name as “Nalini” is a medium sized doily and can be used as decorative item or can be mounted on mandala ring. 

Nalini means Lotus in Sanskrit (Oh my Lotus love..!!!) speaking of which, I remember we were visiting Srinagar sometime back and were staying at a Houseboat in Dal Lake, the lake is abundantly filled with seeds of lotus stem (locally known “Kamal Kakdi” and is an expensive delicacy here), though it was not a blooming season and I could just see the lotus leaves everywhere, it was such a calming experience...!! Some glimpse ⬇️





So here are some more sneak peeks of my new pattern “Nalini”. The pattern can be purchased through Ravelry for a very small fee. The pattern pdf contains step by step photos.






And now, it's time for today's WoW (Words of Wisdom). Rumi is my all time favorite author/poet/philosopher, so you will find many more such WoW here in future.



So that's all for today..

P.S. I am no philosopher but would like to quote few words which are playing over my mind again and again - 
"No matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things we can never assign to oblivion, memories we can never rub away. They remain with us for ever, like a TOUCHSTONE..!!". 
These words are taken from "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami (One of my favorite author). Boy, I had to share this, impulsive..!!

Finally I can say, that's all for today..!!

Love,











Life is worth living, it's about being happy anyways...!!!

Be kind & Happy crocheting..!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern release for "Aryaa Doily"

"Lilliandil" ~~ Fourth Square in the series "In Love With Granny"

"Astraea" ~ Starry mini mandala pattern in lockdown