Super fast and super small post - Color Inspirations





After months of heat and humidity, finally India's South-west Monsoon has arrived (a week late but well within the time frame) and I couldn't be more happier..!! The scorched earth breaths and what we experience is the pure earthy smell of first rain. Rain in India has become synonymous to Chai (Tea) and Pakode (Onion fritters), Ah, I am already salivating..😛. When its raining cats and dogs, I just want to sit in my little balcony sipping hot chai and reminiscing my childhood and how we used to enjoy rain, leaving paper boats in small streams of water that used to flow along the streets in rainy season and get wet and then mum's scoldings..!! Gone are those days, sigh..!! 

If you are monsoon lover and has a passion for reading, I would recommend you to read a travelogue named " Chasing the Monsoon" by Alexander Frater. The author aims to follow the monsoon, staying sometimes behind it, sometimes in front of it, and everywhere watching the impact of this extraordinary phenomenon and what he delivers is beautifully paced half memoir, half travel diary.

Monsoon also serves as an inspiration for any artist (rain has always been romanticized by people, I feel). The rain seep into color palettes making crochet all the more beautiful. So today I thought, lets say something about color palettes and color inspirations...

  

When we see any crocheted project, the first thing we notice is how colors are placed. Colors make the design flourish. If the colors are placed properly, it catches viewer’s attention pretty easily. Of course pattern is very important; I just feel that with proper color placement, the design is elevated to whole new level. 

But it is really difficult to choose the right colors in right order, isn’t it? Sometimes you just flow with the pattern and choose your colors randomly while sometimes you choose a theme and then choose colors based around the theme. Which is your preferred method? Do let me know in the comments.

I, most of the times go with the former method and choose my colors randomly, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t.. If you would like to follow a theme based color palette then do check out this website which has number of collections of color palettes. I am not going to discuss on how to choose colors because that is off post topic, you may head over HERE to know more about color selection. This is rather general post telling you from where you get the color inspiration and from where can you get your color inspirations.

My color inspirations when based around theme, normally find its roots in the stories or books I have read and have a special place in my heart (or rather in my bookshelf..hehe)..!! Sometimes when you are reading a plot and you are so engrossed in it, you try to imagine how those character might be looking or what surrounding would be there and you just paint it in your mind, I love to bring that imaginary painting into life by crocheting with those colors.

Mostly outdoor and natural color themes are on my go. Monochromatic color schemes (made up of shades/tints of a primary color, preferably blue in my case) also give a pretty look to your finished piece. Following are the crochet designs that I made with blue and its shades/tints and white. I like how they turned out.


Choosing that happy color relationship for your next project or every project instead of choosing some colors randomly and then hoping they would look good together, is very important. So when you have a theme in mind, you can choose one primary or dominant color and then choose the other colors to support it. 

Color wheel can also serve as your color inspiration tool. Understanding the color wheel theory opens up numerous color combinations that you might want to give a try.

Following are few color boards, of course you can make your own, in fact I insist you should make your own color chart because that's what makes your project uniquely "Yours".



 
Nature provides you with some amazing color palettes so go out, keep your eyes open (wide open 👀 ) and get inspired... Get your hooks on and crochet.

Today's Words of Wisdom (WoW)

 



Love,


Jk
 

Life is worth living, it's about being happy anyways...!!!

Happy Crocheting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern release for "Aryaa Doily"

"Lilliandil" ~~ Fourth Square in the series "In Love With Granny"

"Astraea" ~ Starry mini mandala pattern in lockdown