And then there was Crochet...!!!

When Books met Hooks....!! 


Though novice in the crochet field but have started to pick up now☺️.
I stumbled on Crochet accidentally few months back, when I wanted to make booties in preparation of my little bundle of joy whom I was expecting in Aug-18. I instantly fell in love with this art and have never looked back since. 

My very first project made for my little angel. No I didn't know it then that I was going to have a Boy as you might think because I have used Blue color 😁, I had only blue color yarn with me then (Sex determination is illegal in India).
In India, Scheepje's or Stylecraft or Red Heart is not available (Woolwarehouse and Deramores does ship to India but courier charges are very high considering the distance), so I used yarn from a local yarn producer and they turned out pretty niceπŸ˜‰. 
I remember visiting local yarn shop and asking him for 4mm hook so he handed me a box full of hooks and told,"Madam do size he, aap dekh lo aap ko kaun sa chahiye?" means "Ma'am there are two sizes available, you see which one you wants." so that's that..☹️ Crochet is still evolving here..

I like to make doilies and afghan blocks. Do I prefer thread over yarn.. NOOOO... DO I prefer yarn, Oh No No.. I like them both. Just how you can't differentiate between your two children, I can't say if I like yarn more or thread..!! Both are beautiful in their own ways, there are some projects which are better done with thread and then there are some projects which are better worked with thread..

Basically I am a "Square" girl.. hehehe.. I like to make squares, different types of squares, squares with different textures, small squares, big squares and to associate them with the places and characters from the books I love to read.. SO this way I try to infuse my reading into my crocheting.



Love,

Jess 

Life is worth living..... It's about being Happy anyways...!!! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern release for "Aryaa Doily"

"Lilliandil" ~~ Fourth Square in the series "In Love With Granny"

"Astraea" ~ Starry mini mandala pattern in lockdown